We are delighted that SkillsReach has been awarded an ESF contract by the Skills Funding Agency to develop Sector Education and Skills Plans over the period up to March 2018. Working in close partnership with New Anglia LEP, this project seeks to understand the growth needs of twelve key sectors and articulate the education and skills interventions required to optimise that growth potential. New Anglia LEP has identified the following sectors to be covered through this project:
- Agriculture, Agri-Tech, Food, and Drink
- ICT / Digital
- Life Sciences and Bio-technology
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Ports and Logistics
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Tourism and Culture
- Creative Industries
- Emerging Technologies
- Learning & Skills
- Clean Energy
Who can benefit?
These plans will be key to ensuring that locally-led education and training provision supports the needs of local employers and current / future employees in the New Anglia LEP area through connecting clearly with the growth aspirations and skills priorities of key local economic sectors.
How does it work?
SkillsReach and our partners have developed strategic education and skills projects for LEPs, SFA, UKCES, NAS and Local Authorities. Our New Anglia project team comprises:
- Roy Harper: Project Manager
- Martin and Lynn Collison: Sector Leads
- David Kirkham: Sector Lead
- Adam Peacock: Data Lead
Through each plan-development phase, locally-led Task and Finish groups will support the direction, priorities, enquiries, and consultation processes.
What are the benefits?
Plans will add value to the local economy and wider community through being;
- Bespoke to sector and locality
- Founded upon robust evidence bases
- Local, consulted and owned
- Presented in engaging, accessible ways
- Forward-looking with practical action-plans
Our Funding and Project Delivery Partners
The project is funded through the European Social Fund, commissioned by the Skills Funding Agency, and delivered in close partnership with New Anglia LEP.
For further information:
Please contact Roy Harper via roy.harper@SkillsReach.co.uk or 07721 499494.