If we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- ensure only the people who need to, access it
- keep it secure
- request your permission to share it with other organisations (excluding law enforcement agencies)
- only keep it for as long as we need to
- ensure we gain your explicit permission before any of your information is shared for commercial use (such as marketing)
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes
This helps us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
Data protection principles
We will always comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- collected, retained and stored securely only for valid and relevant purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- accurate and kept up to date
How SkillsReach uses personal information
We collect information to:
- Ensure our clients benefit from high-quality, professional support in developing, delivering and evaluating a wide range of strategic and practical HR and skills initiatives
The information we collect depends on the reason for your business with us, but we may use the information for any of these purposes. We will not sell your data to anyone.
The types of data that SkillsReach uses
The types of data that we process about people will depend on the contact we have with them.
Types of data that we process from time-to-time includes:
- personal details
- financial details
- employment, education and training details
- goods or services provided
- visual images
We may also, on a very infrequent basis process sensitive information that could include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- offences including alleged offences
Who SkillsReach holds information about
We could process data about:
- members of the public
- employers and employees
- suppliers and service providers
- advisers, consultants, and other professional experts
- employees, contractors and associates
How SkillsReach shares information about you
When you are using a service, we may share some of the information with other organisations such as:
- Funding bodies and local employment and skills commissioning bodies
We will only ever give information about you to someone outside SkillsReach if the law allows us to.
SkillsReach partners and associates
Some SkillsReach services are delivered with the help of other organisations and associates. We sometimes need to share data with these organisations, so they can provide services properly. If you have a problem or query about how a partner or associate is handling your personal data, please tell us and we will try to resolve this for you.
How long we keep your data
We keep your data for as long as it is required to provide a high-quality service, and/ or our service-funders require. Additionally, where you have opted in to receive information about existing and forthcoming projects and services organised by ourselves or our partners.
The legal basis for processing your data
Processing data offshore
The data for our own systems is primarily processed within the UK. Should any data be processed outside of the UK, we always ensure that the data is just as safe as it would be if the processing was in the UK.
Keeping your information safe
We treat the security of your information very seriously.
Data Controller information
The SkillsReach Managing Director is the Data Controller.
Where we use contractors, partners or associates to part-deliver services they are usually acting as our data processor, and we share responsibility for how your data is handled.
Your rights when we use your information
You have various rights about how we use your data. For example, you have the right to access the data that we hold about you and we do not charge for this.
New data protection laws also provide you with:
- the right to be informed
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right to not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
How to exercise your rights
You can request a copy of the information we hold about you.
To exercise or ask about any of your other rights, please contact the Data Protection Controller / MD on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
Bishop Grosseteste University campus
Please contact the Data Protection Controller above before contacting the ICO.
Changes to this policy
If our privacy statement or policy changes, we will update accordingly and republish on our website www.skillsreach.co.uk
Endorsed by: Roy Harper – Managing Director – SkillsReach