Apprenticeships: All Change! was a highly successful Conference targetted at the agri-food sector in Greater Lincolnshire and the surrounding areas. Held on March 16 at the National Centre for Food Manufacturing (NCFM), Holbeach, it sought to inform businesses of all sizes, and especially those larger businesses who would become levy-payers in 2017 of the forthcoming radical reforms and expansion of the Apprenticeship system,. As part of National Apprenticeship Week 2016, this free employer workshop, sponsored by the Skills Funding Agency and Greater Lincolnshire LEP focused squarely upon the opportunities and challenges posed by these reforms for Agri-Food sector businesses.
SkillsReach was commissioned to design and deliver the event, working in close partnership with NCFM. An interactive event included high profile speakers from global businesses (Bakkavor) through to well-known local independents (Pocklington’s Bakery), specialist Apprenticeship providers and national policy development leads.
- explained the opportunities and risks of the reforms
- outlined the financial implications of the employer levy
- demonstrated how apprenticeships can integrate with business growth
- updated on the exciting, new ‘Trailblazer’ and Degree Apprenticeships
- faced up to the recruitment challenges faced by the sector
- heard from current and recent Apprentices
- showcased examples of great practice developing locally
The event was a full house with over 60 organisations in attendance incorporating a wide range of agri-food sector businesses from across the East Midlands and Eastern England. An interactive event ensued with the inputs from current Apprentices and recent Apprentice alumni being particularly well received as well as a lively panel debate.